Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome!


It all started at a Korean day spa!


If you have never been they are fabulous. However, not for the shy! It was a regular scrub...you know...an elderly Asian women tossing you around as she scrubs every inch of your body down to the bone.  As she is scrubbing under my right arm and right breast she says loudly "oh, that no good" I politely said excuse me as she was manhandling my breast "oh that bad, feel" I proceed to feel where she was pointing out and did not really feel anything. She continued with my scrub and as she finished made me promise I would "check out boobie" I promised as I hurried off to my massage.  

Shortly after I scheduled my annual check up with my gyno. To my delight neither of us felt anything during my breast exam. However, I did discuss with my Dr some menstrual issues I was having and through and ultrasound we discovered I had a few ovarian fibroids. No worries, she prescribed  some hormones and I was off for my next adventure with The Monster Ball! 

Well...if you are interested in Lady Gaga stories or Monster Ball stories this is not the blog for you! Sorry...this is my hopefully funny and informative blog about my breast cancer. Yep...you just read correctly! On Friday, July 27, 2012 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. If  you are just finding out this way I apologize for the shock. If I have spoken to you already, welcome! I was trying to think of the best way to keep everyone up to date on what is going on with me and this seems like the best way! I will apologize now that I am not nor do I think I’m a writer or blogger and I guarantee I have forgotten pretty much everything I was taught in English class! So no judgement and...here goes nothing! 

Big Buddha ~ Lantau Island, Hong Kong 
So because of the lovely women at the Korean spa in LA I made a habit of doing more frequent self exams. I'll cut the the chase and get to the important stuff! I noticed something in my left breast when I was in Hong Kong. It wasn't that big but definitely enough to keep my attention. I spoke with my boyfriend Andre and we decided it would be the only time he might be able to come visit on the road. He flew from LA to Hong Kong and planned to stay  through Tokyo. When he arrived I asked him to feel it as well. Considering we hadn't seen each other in a few weeks he quickly obliged. ;) He agreed...something was there. We proceeded to have a fabulous time in Hong Kong and Tokyo! 

Well..if you have ever toured there is not really time to get sick or worry about getting sick! You power through things and deal with them when you can. I proceeded to make an appointment to see my Dr. when I returned for break in July. Did I mention all of this took place in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment